NPL the first “Make in India” super critical power plant in the country is built on the latest technology of Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems, Japan through a JV between Larsen & Toubro and MHPS. The majority of the equipment installed in the plant has been manufactured by L&T through technology tie-ups with globally renowned engineering firms.
At NPL, we believe in finding innovative ways to enhance plant availability and efficiency of the plant, keeping safety our top priority. We have implemented various innovative methods to safeguard our plant availability and improve efficiency, resulting in significant improvements in plant performance.
Nabha Power has been recognised globally for its sustained leadership in plant performance and outstanding achievements on safety, reliability and efficiency.
Global Awards & Recognitions as under:
- Recognised as the Best Independent Power Producer – India by ASIAN Power in 2017 for its outstanding plant performance. Asian Power Awards are organised annually by Charlton Media Group, Singapore
- Received most coveted Top Plant award in coal based category by Power Magazine, North America in 2017 for timely commissioning of Super Critical plant and achieving outstanding pant efficiency. POWER, established in 1882 is the one brand that addresses all generation and related technologies and fuels across North America and around the world, providing insight into this increasingly complex industry
- Received award of Honorable Mention in Heat Rate Leadership & Performance Category, by Peabody Energy, USA in 2017. Peabody Energy is the leading global pure-play coal company and a member of the Fortune 500, serving power and steel customers in more than 25 countries on six continents
- High Efficiency and Sustainability Leadership and Innovation award by Peabody Energy USA in 2018 for displaying outstanding examples of leadership and innovation among coal-fuelled generating plants and projects, with honourees represented from China, India and the United States
- Finalist in S&P Global Platts Global Energy Awards in 2019 amongst world best companies like American Electric Power, Korea Midland Power Company, Xcel Energy, ENGIE, New York Independent System Operator (NYISO)