The entire power generated from the 2x700 MW supercritical thermal power plant of Nabha Power Limited (NPL) is contracted with Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (erstwhile PSEB) for a period of 25 years under a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) for the exclusive benefit of Punjab.
Hallmarks of NPL
- NPL features the state-of-the-art automation of complete operations, including the coal rake unloading through wagon tipplers. Other features include twin-fire vortex boiler design with advanced low NOx burners which distribute uniform heat flux across the furnace.
- The sliding pressure operation provides flexibility in operating the units efficiently from part load to full load. The vertical mills are designed with hydraulic oil pressure as a function of coal flow with a dynamic classifier in the mill outlet to control the coal fineness.
- Best heat rate and lowest auxiliary power consumption in class of 660 MW capacity plant
- Top in the merit order amongst all IPPs of Punjab
- ESP with high collection efficiency - more than 99.7% and PLC to control frequency of EMIGI rappers
- Washed coal (ash content < 34%) used as primary fuel
- Zero liquid discharge plant
- 100% utilisation of fly ash on sustainable basis since inception
NPL has maintained its plant availability at more than 85% on sustainable basis since COD of the station and it is currently the backbone of Punjab’s power industry as it caters to around 40% power during non-peak season and around 20% during peak season.